#5 Bobby Ghoshal @Candid Co: How to do user research that is rooted in business
Bobby Ghoshal is a co-host of a famous design podcast High Resolution and a co-founder of a startup Candid Co. He has more than 15 years of experience in the design world and is a big proponent of bringing design closer to business.
In this episode we spoke about:
- how to do user research that is rooted in business problems
- how to measure and present results of your design work,
- and how to hire and train a design team to become more business-savvy.
Listen to the episode
- You can listen and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Overcast, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play (only in the US) and CastBox.
- You can download the mp3 file by right-clicking here.
- 3:55 How did Bobby get into design?
- 7:45 How 11-year old Bobby sold his art to parents
- 11:20 How Bobby's early sales experience translated into design
- 13:30 How to recognize if a designer is business-savvy?
- 16:40 How to train a designer to become more business-savvy?
- 21:30 How Bobby and his team does user research that is rooted in business challenges?
- 36:45 How does design team at Candid Co track and present results of design work?
- 41:15 Bobby's advice for designers who are just starting
- 46:25 What is one thing Bobby changed his mind about design after recording High Resolution?