#6 Dr. Sudy Majd @Candid Co: How to do user research rooted in business II
Dr. Sudy Majd is a customer experience research lead at Candid Co. In the fifth episode, I spoke with Bobby, a colleague of Sudy, and we talked a lot about the way they do user research at Candid Co so it only made sense to dive deeper into these topics with Sudy. She has a PhD specialized in consumer behavior and behavioral economics.
In the episode we spoke about:
- doing proactive user research that anticipates rather than reacts to business challenges,
- how to mix qualitative and quantitative research methods,
- and how to find the right profiles for your research questions.
Listen to the episode
- You can listen and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Overcast, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play (only in the US) and CastBox.
- You can download the mp3 file by right-clicking here.
- 1:55 What did Sudy do before joining Candid Co?
- 6:25 How does academia work translate into Sudy's work at Candid Co?
- 8:25 An example of behavioral economic applied to Candid Co
- 11:05 How to proactively create briefs for user research
- 15:15 Research methods that Sudy uses in her work
- 19:55 What is a suitable sample size for quantitative and qualitative research
- 22:10 How to phrase questions for interviews and questionnaires
- 26:55 How to find the right profiles for user research?
- 35:35 How to bundle different research questions in one study
- 37:25 How does Sudy synthesise learnings?
- 39:35 What are the common mistakes that beginners make?
- 42:15 Who is part of the research team at Candid Co?
- 43:25 What one thing about design that surprised Sudy in a positive and one in a negative way?